Anyone who has ever loved and lost an animal companion knows the incredible pain and feeling of emptiness that follows. Society in general can be insensitive and sometimes intolerant of our grief and our feelings.
The death of a pet can be one of the most devastating experiences an individual or family has to face. For many this loss is not only an animal, but a best friend, a family member, and beloved confidant.
Pet Loss Support provides
- Support and comfort to people who are struggling with the death of a beloved companion animal
- Confidential telephone support to people dealing with pet loss
- Support to people who may be anticipating the loss of a companion animal
- Educational resources on the topic of companion animal loss, bereavement, and the human-animal bond
- Public information to promote better understanding, communication, and support for people who have experienced the death of a pet
- Referrals to one-on-one grief counselling services
- Suggestions on ways to remember and honour your pet
- Twice monthly support group
- Facebook page www.facebook.com/SaskatoonPetLossSupport
Come together with animal lovers like yourself who wish to discuss their sick or deceased animal and how they are coping.
Gatherings are informal and provide a place to share their feelings, pictures, and stories.
The pet loss support group meets the first and third Sunday of every month, 2:00pm, at the
Edwards Family Centre
333 4th Ave North
Open meeting (no obligation to attend on a regular basis)
Call if you require telephone support